Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's Me! Kinda

I've never been a big fan of dolls.

Ok, that's an understatement. I have what's called Pediophobia, which is the fear of dolls, and I pretty much tense up and get all freaked out when I see a doll (my husband can attest to the bone crushing hand holding when we pass by the American Girl store on Michigan Ave). I'm not crazy, but had just been afraid ever since I got a porcelain doll as a gift when I was about 6 or 7 and I swear in the middle of the night it blinked and turned its head at me. I think I must have just watched Chucky or something on TV and I haven't recovered ever since.

So I've never been a big fan of the amigurumi dolls, but figured I should try it out for practice since I've wanted to make warcraft characters. So I started with me:


And I already want to throw it away, although it doesn't scare me so much. I'm just against having dolls in my home...

Putting on hair is the most annoying thing ever, I'd have to say. But otherwise, my husband says it looks nothing like me, which is good for me, and I never wear dresses like that, but dresses are fun to make!

However, I think that will be the last doll I'll ever make. I might make my cat and stick it next to me to make it look cuter and less scary. Or maybe I'll just keep making my bears...

Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animoto.com