Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm a Bit Distracted..

I saw a cute Market Bag from my Lion Brand Yarn newsletter and I had to make it. So off to the yarn store I went. My store of choice is Loopy Yarns over on Polk and Dearborn. They have the best selection of super nice yarn (the kind that Michaels and Joann don't sell) and they're soo friendly. They also have a ton of space for their knitting and crochet classes and I would highly recommend taking a class over there. And even though I buy about 7 skeins of yarn, they will always wind it up for me!

A day later my bag is complete:




I only used a crochet hook one size smaller than suggested and it didn't seem to be long enough just following the pattern so i extended it by several rows. I initially was going to go with one color but when I got to the store and the two colors of yarn were hanging next to each other, I had to use both. There's a small strip of green on the handle just because I had a tiny bit of extra green yarn and didn't think it would be of any use for another project. I'll be off to New York on Friday and can't wait to use it as a travelling companion!

Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you are really good!! I have no idea how to crochet, but it looks cooler than knitting, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks =) I think it's easier than knitting and much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! :O
    you finished it in one day?! no way!!!! O.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah just one day...i work kinda fast =P

    ReplyDelete

Animoto.com