Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Greatest Crochet Accomplishment Ever

My beautiful afghan throw (pardon the cruddy photography skills and blanket placement):



I made this from a book that I bought a really long time ago but never really tried to put it together. Every individual square is supposed to have a different pattern although somehow I repeated one by accident, but you can't really tell. Since purple is my favorite color I picked it out first and then chose some nice accent colors. I really liked how it came out and it has a permanent resting place on my couch. I also absolutely love a warm comfortable throw and probably own over a dozen of them for my tiny 2-bedroom condo. So it was definitely nice to be able to make one of my own.

It took me about a month to complete with tons and tons of yarn. I used a more expensive yarn, the Bernat Satin collection so I'm not so sure it's very cost effective, but definitely makes you feel accomplished, which is what I needed after a stressful time in my life. Crochet is really a great kind of therapy!

I'm taking a little break from the blog to go spend time in New York with my family, I'll be back next Wednesday, hopefully with some cute amigurumi!

Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animoto.com