Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jiji

I'm back and had a wonderful trip back home in New York! I've been inspired to do more amigurumi since my trip, but more on that later...

One of the projects I've been working on before I left is from a really old anime movie called Kiki's Delivery Service. It's from Hayao Miyazaki so it should be pretty well known, but it's one of my favorites growing up. It's pretty much about a girl, Kiki, who's a witch-in-training and she flies around on her broomstick delivering merchandise. Her cat Jiji is usually flying around on her broomstick with her and is the comic relief of the movie. I always liked Jiji.

Here's one of my inspiring pictures:



And a better picture of Jiji:



And here's my crochet version:


I think he came out super cute, although I really despise cutting out felt. His eyes kind of needed some felt detailing, but since I'm super OCD about making things perfectly round I'm never satisfied with cutting out felt by hand. My mom just bought a Cricut though and I'm excited to go over one of these days to use it for some precision felt cutting. Until then, you'll have to suffer with me. He does have a tail in the back that's not so visible from the picture.

Enjoy!

Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animoto.com