Friday, May 29, 2009

Goomba's Gonna Eat You

Who doesn't love some good old Super Mario Brothers? Unfortunately I did not come up with the concept to do some amigurumi Mario Brothers stuff, but nonetheless, it's still a great idea and very fun. It's also a good way to get some guys to appreciate some yarn work. I've already made 1-up and power mushrooms for my husband and he keeps them at work for motivation.

At the start of my amigurumi craze, I wanted something quite easy to make and the goomba seemed like a good idea:



Unfortunately it requires a ton of felt work for the face detailing, but eventually I came up with this:


He doesn't look exact, but I thought it came out really cute. Kudos to Lion Brand Yarn for having the only yarn color close enough to a Goomba!

Tweet It! Facebook Digg It! Stumble Delicious

2 comments:

  1. its not so round...it does stick out on the bottom...i dont think the picture came out too well. im just bad at photography =P

    ReplyDelete

Animoto.com